DEFOMAMINE 700 is uniquely formulated to reduce foaming in amine systems using MEA, DEA, MDEA, DGA and formulated amine solvents.
DEFOMAMINE 700 is uniquely formulated to reduce foaming in amine systems using MEA, DEA, MDEA, DGA and formulated amine solvents. DEFOMAMINE 700 is newest generation defoamer of RXSOL Advance Technologies for use in amine treating gas and liquid hydrocarbons. DEFOMAMINE 700 should be considered as an alternative to upgrading equipment to control hydrocarbon entrainment, amine losses or for incremental increases in unit throughput.
DEFOMAMINE 700 is a defoamer (or antifoam) formulated for use in amine systems that remove carbon dioxide (CO2) and hydrogen sulphide (H2S) in gas processing applications such as:
- Natural gas processing
- Refinery amine systems
- Hydrogen production
- Ammonia manufacture
- Coke oven gas processing
- Cryogenic gas processing and
- Synthesis gas purification.
Testing conducted in Rx Marine Internationa Research Laboratories reveal that DEFOMAMINE 700 out performs silicone, polyglycol and alcohol based products in foam tests conducted using both laboratory amine solutions and actual plant amine solutions. DEFOMAMINE 700 outperforms other defoamer and antifoam products, the most important benefit of this product is the absence of the following side effects:
- DEFOMAMINE 700 does not increase equipment fouling, particulate filtration costs or the emulsion tendency of the amine solution, in contrast to silicone based products.
- DEFOMAMINE 700 does not breakdown to fatty acids or fatty acid soaps that increase foaming, in contrast to polyglycol ester based products.
- DEFOMAMINE 700 does not breakdown to form organic acids, in contrast to alcohol based products.
Determination of Foaming Tendency and Stability
This is a simple procedure that can be used to determine the foaming tendency and stability of an amine solution. If the defoamer products are to be evaluated, the amine solution should be allowed to settle in a separatory funnel for at least one hour before the bottom layer is used for the evaluation. The amine solution should be heated to 100°F (37.8°C) or the Lean Amine feed temperature to the absorber.
1 liter graduated cylinder gas flow meter (500 to 5000 ml/min) gas supply – nitrogen or air timing device connecting tubing hot water bath sparger tube – sintered glass, metal or ceramic.
- Pour 200 ml of 100°F (37.8°C) amine solution into the graduated cylinder.
- Establish gas flow at 4,000 ml/min. Insert sparger tube and begin timing
- Record foam height after one minute. Stop gas flow and reset timer.
- Record time required for foam to break to a liquid surface.
- Thoroughly clean cylinder and sparger tube before and after each use.
- Repeat, adding defoamer product at desired concentration.
Note: If foam exceeds height of cylinder, repeat using a lower gas rate.
Feature & Benefit :
- DEFOMAMINE 700 has been proven to be more cost effective than silicone, polyglycol or alcohol based products.
- In contrast to silicone based defoamers, DEFOMAMINE 700 does not increase equipment fouling, particulate filtration costs and the emulsification tendency of the amine.
- In contrast to many polyglycol based defoamers, DEFOMAMINE 700 does not degrade to fatty acid soaps that increase foaming.
- In contrast to alcohol based defoamers, DEFOMAMINE 700 does not degrade to organic acids. Superior foam control combined with negligible side effects make DEFOMAMINE 700 an excellent product to use for controlling foaming problems in aminen systems.